National Reference Laboratory for Chlamydia
The NRL is accredited to ČSN EN ISO/IEC 17025 as a test laboratory and to ČSN EN ISO 15189 as a public health laboratory by the Czech Accreditation Institute.
Head: Hana Zákoucká, M.D.
- Direct and indirect (serological) testing for presence of chlamydial infection;
- Testing to confirm biovar Lymphogranuloma venereum Chlamydia trachomatis;
- Implementation of molecular biological diagnostic methods for interdisciplinary consulting;
- Methodical guidance for laboratories involved in the diagnostics of chlamydia in the Czech Republic;
- Preparation of the EQAS for chlamydial serology and evaluation of results;
- Pregraduate and postgraduate training of health care professionals;
- Participation in the chlamydia surveillance programme in the Czech Republic in cooperation with the EU (The European Surveillance System, TESSy, ECDC);
- Cooperation with professional associations of the J.E. Purkyně Czech Medical Association (microbiology, epidemiology, and dermatovenereology);
- Updating and developing novel methods for the diagnostics of chlamydial infections;
- Updating guidelines for diagnostic procedures.